Study SkillsNo one ever has too many good habits
- Learn how to read from the textbook
- Learn how to read with focus
- Take notes while you read
- Develop solid writing skills to communicate clearly
- Learn how to organize your thinking before you write
- Learn how to enjoy writing and practice creativity – it is fun!
- Learn how to organize materials – THE SYSTEM
STUDY for a test
- Learn our 4 Step Study Plan
- Learn how to take notes from a lecture
- Learn how to take notes from assigned readings
- Learn how to process notes in the Weekly Review
- Maintain daily and monthly calendars
- Use the “Weekly Checklist” chart to monitor your progress
- Learn how to find textbooks, on-line resources, lectures, tutors, etc
- Learn the skill of summary – an important skill for school and work and needs to be taught and developed over time
By developing a personal relationship with students and their families I am able to tailor my very structured program to meet the individual needs of each student. I prepare students academically and mentally for the rigors of these tests. By the time they hear my “Game Day” speech, they are ready to go!
COLLEGE COUNSELING, APPLICATIONS, AND ESSAYS
College counseling services are a natural extension of the test prep process. As the personal relationship with students and their families develops throughout the year, we seamlessly incorporate conversations about college and timelines for the admissions process.
CALL TO GET STARTED TODAY!